Sunday, April 12, 2020

2020 LockDown Catch-Up

Phew, what crazy times these days.

We are in midst of work from home and kids school at home.  I'd like to think that with that I'd get more time to do stuff, but it seems worse than actually going to work.

Sooo, a catch up blog is in order...

Stuff we have done: I entered another bike race


This one was way harder than the last.  It was super fun but a very long day of riding.

I am in the midst of citizenship/Green card stuff so couldn't travel to ride this year, so instead I went up to the Kingdom Trails.  The weather was fabulous on the first day, then it rained for the rest of the week. 
Riding was very slippery but fun.  This was taken on the first day on the Heaven's Bench Trail.

Mini-Me Major had a big year with Cub Scouts, he entered his last year as an Arrow Of Light Cub.   At the same time his Den Leader had the chance to take his family on a round-the-world trip of a lifetime.  So we parents all said Go!. Me and a couple other dads stepped in to help, with me as Den leader.  Little did I know how much time and work that was going to take.  Anyway, he's done now, with the whole Den graduating with their AoL awards.

This is Mini-Me Major's rank haul, he managed to get all the ranks as a Cub Scout, including the AoL award.  Me and Mrs OA are so super proud of him.

What about games?  Well with scouts and stuff, not too many soldiers games have been played, we did fit a few board and family games. 

Other news, this year's GZG ECC got cancelled due to the virus, that was a huge bummer.  I was really looking forwards to this this year, especially as I hadn't managed to get in many games.

More recently, we have tried to pick up some gaming, I'll cover that in more updates soon.

For now, here's Mini-Me Major setting up a game for him and Mini-Me Minor to play.





No comments:

Post a Comment