Monday, July 2, 2018

Moongrunt - prepping forces

Remember the moonbuggy, this one:
It got me thinking about what Moongrunt could be, so I used my GZG voucher from Xmas and bought a bunch of toys.  I then spent an age gluing all the little fiddly bits, plus my fingers, together.

So now I have two Moongrunt forces:
Both sides, they are essentially equal.  I will probably multi-base the figs so I can use them with Hammer's Slammers rules.

All those moon-jeeps and jet-trucks were a pain to assemble...

 
Force One, with mechs and Command at the back

Force Two, same order, different armour and mechs.  Both forces have a bunch of infantry too

Generic buggies, robots and base-type staff
For scenery I managed to pick up an old UFO-moonbase kit and modded it up a bit.  Base personnel and Infantry in the wire baskets at the top.

A module as a stand-alone structure.  It turned out these scale well for 15mm.  I also bought a moonscape base-mat and will probably try to get stuff like a Space 1999 Eagle or two. 

Next, once the humidity scales back a bit, an awful lot of white primer and paint!

4 comments:

  1. 207 quid for one of those moonbases from Amazon !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a new ink that's grey and works well in fitting into the crevices of white...I know you don't cut corners but it might be worth a look. Vallejo Game Color Wash 73.202 Pale Grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil, I found it best to hunt Ebay, they seem to range from 100-200 US dollars. I waited for a LONG time to find a cheaper one. Mine came from Japan for 150USD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice collection. They look the bomb. That Moonbase looks amazing too.

    Did you see that Jon has recently released figs for the new British Lunar Force as well ?... :-)

    ReplyDelete