Tuesday, July 5, 2022

That Was The Time That Was

Summer's here, there's not really been much gaming going on lately, too many other things competing with my time...

I did get to go to the GZG ECC convention this year, and what fun it was.  I played games, chatted with folks, had a beer or two and generally had a great time.  It was so good to be back.

For my game I decided to run a Moongrunt game in 20mm.  I had a box of old Airfix figs plus I found all these cool spacesuit figures on Shapeways.  I also found guns so modded the figs to be armed spacemen.  One goup is in NASA/Apollo style suits the other is in Kubrik/2001, Space Oddesy style suits.  Then I found a monolith... ...it had to be done

"Its all full of stars..."


I bought a MDF crashed spaceship, except instead of buying the 15mm one as I intended I accidentally bought the 28mm one.  In the end this may have been a good thing as it looks like its big enough for the 20mm figs and it covers an entire table.

The Infantry, both suit types now armed.

The support, some powered space armour, a power loader and some drones, there are some other utility bots but I missed them off this shot.  IMHO, the 25mm GZG suits look great for 20mm powered armour, they have a heft and bulk against 20mm figs which fits my mental image of PA suits.

Here we are with folks playing the game (pic link to the GZG ECC site):


I also ran a Hammer's Slammers game

In which the Slammers did some slamming, but in the end just not enough.

That's it for now.  I've got some fun new toys on the paint table just waiting basing...


2 comments:

  1. cool.. do you have a link for those astronauts?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all from this Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/grueter

    ReplyDelete