Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Flying Time

 So they say time flies when you are having fun.  Well it also seems to fly when you are busy 'making it work' too.

So its been nearly a year, what the heck.  I did a couple post before along the lines of 'its been a busy year', well it has, but its been a lot of work too.  I work in a publically traded Biotech company so I can't discuss, but it HAS been a year...

But anyway, toy soldiers are more fun.  The East Coast GZG Con came and went, way too short, way too fast.  As always it was great to see folks and to play with some toys.  Mini-Me came again this year.


Mini-Me playing Full Thrust, see those asteroids, I didn't and flew one of my ships into one.  Bummer.

Mini-Me got the bug bad and used HIS OWN MONEY! to buy some ships.  We've been busy assembling them and he wants to paint them.

I ran a Stargrunt VOTOMS game, the players liked it and it was pretty, but...  ...I thinks its us getitng older and hankering for simpler rules but folks just are less into complex combined arms games.  I think the future is more character and story driven games.

Anyway, the goal of the attackers was to break into this lab and download the data on two new VOTOMS (Fatty-types).  For them I used model from the Heavy Gear Line (DP9).

X-COM is still ongoing (in 20mm)

An Advent antenna ready to blow up


6mm Hover van scaled up (in FDM), I added the skirt armour)

A couple 6mm hover jeeps scaled up, I added the fabric cover

Mecha.  OK, the crazy Dread is for my 20mm Orks, its too wacky to not have one.  The other felt so very Traveller 2300ad-ish in style I just had to.  Forgot to take a pic of my 20mm(ish) Scopedog to compare size

The lighting is not ideal but if you peer close you can see a pilot in there.

Orkses! (these days I think I'm supposed to shout Whaaah?).  Who cares my 20mm set is all oldhammer.

20mm combat bots, scaled up ones from Wardaddy.  Chunky, realistic with ballisctic fatigue covers.  Love em!

Skyranger!  Panthera Warforge Aircrew

The OG skyranger, and why not.  Had.To.Be.Done.

Hopefully its not going to be another year.


No comments:

Post a Comment